1. What is your application process?
When you apply for a position, your profile and answers to any job questions are measured against the job requirements. As our recruiters match candidates for current opportunities, you may be contacted. In some cases, you may not hear from us right away, which may indicate that at this time we don't have an opportunity that matches your skills. Please continue to apply for positions that interest you and keep your profile up to date. We are always looking for new talent.
2. What is your Hiring Process?
We strive to find the right person for the right position to ensure success on every level. While the process may vary somewhat depending on the business unit you are applying for, the basic element remains the same. Here's what you can expect as you move through the process to join the Stifel team.
- The candidate should search and apply for the positions in which he/she is interested, possesses the requisite skills, and matches the minimum requirements of the position.
- We will review and identify those candidates whose skills and experience match the job requirements as detailed in the job description.
- Those candidates who have the experience and skills that best match the role will be selected to continue through the process.
- Candidates chosen to move forward in the interview process will be notified regarding the next steps in the process.
- As there may be slight variations in the interview/screening process with each opportunity, depending on the business unit, we will communicate the process and interview timeline for the position.
- If we extend an offer, please note that a background check must be initiated for all external hires or rehires. Candidates are required to complete an I-9 form prior to the designated start date in order to verify eligibility to work in the United States. Please note: Applicants being hired by certain business units may also be required to complete additional compliance checks prior to the start date (for example: a credit check, education and employment verification check, and an FBI fingerprint check, etc.).
- If a candidate is not selected to continue in the hiring process for a particular job opening, the individual will be notified and encouraged to continue to search the Stifel career web site and to apply for any other positions that fit his/her background and experience and for which the minimum qualifications are met.
3. Should current Stifel associates use this site to apply for open positions?
No, Stifel employees should use their Intranet site to apply online.
4. I forgot my Careers password. How do I reset it?
5. I forgot my Careers login/user name. How do I retrieve it?
If you do not recall the e-mail address and/or password used for our Careers site, please select either the 'Forgot your password?' or 'Do not have a password?' link. If your e-mail address is on file, we will send your existing or new login credentials to that e-mail address.
6. Can I upload multiple resumes?
We ask that you submit only one resume when applying for open positions. To update an existing resume, click 'Update Your Profile' and upload a new resume.
7. How can I delete attachments from the system?
You can delete attachments added during previous submissions by clicking the 'View resume/CV link' from the edit profile screen.
8. How can I change my Careers e-mail address?
From the 'Update Your Profile' screen, click 'Edit Profile' and update your Careers e-mail address. Please note that this will only update Careers e-mail address and not any other e-mail address we have on file for other applications.
9. Do I have to log in to Careers site to search jobs?
Yes. You will need to create a Careers profile to submit your resume for an open position.
10. How do I apply for a job?
The best way to apply for a job at Stifel is through this web site. If you find a position you want to apply for, you will be asked to create a profile. After you log in, follow the instructions to enter your profile and submit your resume.
11. How can I find out if a job that matches my skills is posted?
You can elect to receive e-mails when a position that matches your profile is posted. You will need to create a job agent to do so. Click here to create a job agent.
12. How do I know my resume was received?
You will receive an e-mail confirming that your resume was received.
13. How long does the hiring process take?
The process varies, but most people have at least two rounds of on-site face-to-face interviews. While most posted positions are available immediately, the hiring process can vary greatly in length and depends on several factors, including the skills needed and the number of qualified candidates.
14. Will I receive feedback on my interview?
We make every effort to provide feedback to all candidates regarding interviews, either in writing or in person.
15. If I don't get this job, can I continue to apply for other Stifel positions?
Yes. We update our positions daily, and we may have a new opening that is a better fit for you.
16. What is the salary range of the position I applied for?
All of our jobs have a broad salary range that accommodates those employees who are becoming proficient at their positions and those who are already quite skilled. Your starting salary will depend upon your experience and perceived proficiency at your job. Stifel reviews its salary structure regularly to ensure we remain competitive with market conditions.
17. If I am interested in a Financial Advisor opportunity, how would I apply?
If you are interested in a Financial Advisor position with Stifel, please contact the Branch Manager at your location of choice, or you may contact the Private Client Group in St. Louis, Missouri at (314) 342-2722. Branch Locations Link